Green banana is one of the common vegetable used for cooking in south india.Especially in Kerala and Tamilnadu this green banana is used to prepare Thoran/Poriyal,Aviyal,Frying etc.
Today i am going to explain how we can prepare the delicious Green banana thoran.
You can find this green banana in all Indian grocery shop also u can find the same in Mexican shops too...
Cooking time - 15 minute
Cost of the item -$0.50-0.75/pound
Green Banana - 2 nos
Turmeric Powder -1pinch
Green chilly-2 nos
Garlic- 2 pods
Coconut -5 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Mustard seed -1 tsp
Curry Leaves -4 leaves
Red Chilly-1 no
- Cut the the banana into small cubes.
- Cook the cut banana cubes in water with salt and turmeric powder for almost 5-8 minutes
- Heat the pan ,add oil and mustard seed once the seeds started spluttering add the red chilly and curry leaves.
- Within few seconds add the cooked banana into the seasoned iol.
- just make a coarse paste of the garlic and coconut
- Add that paste into the banana mixture
- close the pan and cook in a low falme for 3- 4 minutes
The delicious Vazhakkai thoran is ready to eat.Try this simple recipe today and enjoy
Points to Ponder
1.Do not add more water for cooking the banans
2.check in between the bananas then u will get an idea that whether its cooked or not..
3.If you are not going to cook the bananas quickly just keep the cut pieces into the hot water.otherwise it will get a black color and also taste will goes off..