Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.Today I am going to share with you guys a non-vegetarian recipe..It is a delicious mutton recipe:"Pepper-Mutton Chops". Last 2-3 weeks we didn't get a chance to visit the halal market. Last day we went there and bought some goat mix.and the same day I prepared this mutton dish.this one is my husband's favorite one... He likes to have it with appam or chapathi. sometimes we love to have it with bread as well. Nowadays this dish is a very common one in our menu. You can eat 5-6 appam with this chops. Really mouth-watering combo. I got this recipe idea from one of the cookery show..It's quite different recipe.we are using curd, coconut and dried coconut for the preparation. (If u don't have dried coconut, don't worry, if you have some fresh coconut, just bake it for 10-20 minute in 300F.then that should be better to use for this recipe).The dried coconut is available in all indian groceries.(it is known as Copra).
If u have a plan to prepare this recipe buy the goat-mix (contains both bone-less and bone cuts). While buying the mutton tell them to give the mutton mix. If u try this recipe with boneless, you won't get the exact taste. (By definition Mutton chops means the mutton pieces with bones). Any meat if you prepare with bone would be more tastier than the same with boneless. The bones itself gives nice flavor to the dish.
Its a very spicy one. According to ur taste u can change the spice levels..Try it today itself and enjoy. OK, no more stories today..let me tell you how I prepared this delicious chops..
Preparation Time:30-45 minutes
Cost of the item:3.49 usd/PoundIngredients
Mutton chops(mutton with bones): 1 pound
Ginger : 1 medium size
Garlic: 2 pods
Green chili: 2 nos
Red Onion:2 medium size
Tomato: 1 medium size
TurmericPowder: 1 tsp
Pepper Powder: 1tsp
Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
Curd: 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves chopped:1/2 cup
salt : to taste
1.Dried coconut pieces(copra)-4 medium pieces
CousCous: 2 tbsp
2.grated Coconut: 1/2 cup
3.Peppercorn: 5 nos
- Clean the mutton pieces and marinate with some salt
- Crush the ginger and garlic
- Chop the green chili
- Slice the onion into strips
- Cut the tomato into 8 pieces.
- Dilute the curd by adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Dried coconut pieces and couscous
- Grated coconut
- Peppercorns(for grinding add some water)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the diluted curd into the oil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Sliced onion into the curd mix.saute the onions until they are golden and transparent
- Add the ginger garlic and green chili into it and saute well
- Add the pepper paste followed by the coconut paste. saute until the oil separates.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped coriander leaves itnto the mix.saute for sometime.
- Add the Couscous-dried coconut meat mix ,stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water followed by the turmeric powder and garam masala.mix all the ingrediets together. Let the mix to boil for 3-4 minute .
- Add the Mutton pieces into it.Let it boil until mutton the pieces get cooked.Meantime add pepper powder and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan with airtight lid and let the mix to boil 10-15 minutes.
- According to your taste change the spice level.
- Slow cooking make the chops so tasty.
- Do not try to cook it in high heat.Close the pan with airtight lid and let the chops to slowly cooks in medium heat.