The Fish Fry is one of the tastier food for those who loves non vegetarian food. Fish is a good source of calcium. Here in United States its quiet easy to find fish in any of the grocery store. The frozen and cleaned fillets are common in any of the grocery shop. If we get the fresh fish then the taste will be really good compared to the frozen food. Usually fresh fish is available in almost all Asian market and also in some of the Indian grocery we can find Indian Pompfret in a frozen form...
Here i used the Yellow Fin Tuna,we got it from one of the Asian market.The best thing here is the fish will be cleaned in the shop itself with or without cost. Anyhow we have to wash and clean before going to use.
If we fry the fish stove top(in the pan) the smell will be a problem. Usually in India the houses are highly ventilated. But here because of the weather variations, no more ventilation. So we have to open all our windows and door for the air circulation. While frying the fish, the smell will be inside for long time if u r not doing that way. During winter season its quiet difficult to open the windows/doors for longtime ...I think the exhausted fan won't absorb all the smell.So here i use to follow the oven method.
Actually we got this idea from my husband's friend.When i tried this method its really works.No smell and the taste the exactly same as the stove fried fish...
So i am going to share how to do this and friends just try this ,i can guarantee it will come up good...Nowadays this fish fry is a common in our menu. My husband is fond of fish items. If its a fried one he is ready to eat as much double the amount of rice. So i am so happy always thankful to his friend for this great idea.
The cost of this fish will be 3.99/Pound. 1 fish will come almost 1 to 2 pound.
Cooking time -15 t0 40 minutes
1.Cleaned Fish -1-2 pound (cut into the pieces shown in the picture)
2. Chilli Powder - 2 tbsp
3. Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
4. Methi/Fenugreek powder -1/2 tsp
5. Pepper Powder -1 tbsp
6. Salt -1 tbsp (according to the taste)
7. Ginger -a small piece
8. Pearl onion - 5 nos
9.Oil - to fry
- Make the Fine paste of the ingredients listed from 2 to 8.
- Do not add more water just add 2-3 tbsp water.
- Marinate the fish with the paste.
- Keep the marinated fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes,it will help the fish slices to absorb the marinade.
- In the baked pan pour the oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the fish in the pan.
- Place it in the preheated oven for 30 minute.
- In between just check the fish and turn the side.
Your Fish fry is ready to eat....Enjoy...
Points to ponder:
1.Cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
2.Do not add more water for making the marinade
3.Don't forget to preheat the oven
4.If u want to make the fish more crispy keep it in the same heat for 10 more
5.If u wash the fish with lemon juice u can avoid the smell
6. Use big onion slices and tomato slices with little vinegar as a side