Mulaku baji a mouth watering and spicy snack and it is very easy to prepare...If u have banana pepper and besan flour (kadalamavu) at handy try it today...Its really yummy with hot tea.Usually i find some time to prepare one or the other snacks on weekends.this is one of our favorite..I used to remember my younger days ,everyday mom used to prepare one or the other snacks in the evening..During our school days we, me and my brother were eagrly waiting to come back to home because at home some special was waiting for us... I think all Mallus have a habit of having something (kadi) with evening tea.Nowadays all are very health conscious and trying to avoid all these kind of foods...Anyhow if u r having these snacks in weekend or 2 or 3 days in a week that doesn't affect ur health...these are better than the frozen foods/burgers & fries...Home made foods are always healthier right? Today because of the heavy snow my hus worked from home so evening i thought of preparing something special for him.We bought this banana pepper for preparing our shrimp thoran.2-3 peppers were there in the refrigerator so quickly i thought today's special snack should be our mulaku baji.. I am not writing more story..Lets explain how to do it.
Cooking time : 10minute
Cost of the item: 2.80/pound
Banana Pepper : 2 nos
Besan flour: 1/2 cup
Chili Powder : 1 tbs
Asafoetida : a pinch
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Baking soda : a pinch
Salt : to taste
Oil : for frying
Cut the banana peppers into 2 slices and then cut them into halves.If u like spicy don't take out the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix the besan flour, Chili powder, baking soda,turmeric powder,salt and asafoetida (kayam) with water and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.Just dip the chili pieces in the batter and deep fry..Change the side accordingly
The tastier Mulaku baji is ready to have...Have it with Tomato sauce.
Points to ponder
- If u like the long sized baji donot cut them into half.Use wide-open pan for frying.
- The batter should be thick.If u add more water then while dipping the peppers in the batter ,pepper do not get the batter-layer .
- If you like more spicy add more chili powder to the flour while mixing.