Today I am going to share you the Netholi fry recipe. I have already posted the Netholi peera....If u are not ready to prepare the curry or peera using smelt just try this fry. Its quiet simple and also the fried netholi is really tasty with rice..If you r buying the frozen fish just wash it with the lemon juice. This netholi fry is my husband's favorite, so its a common one in our menu...
Netholi : 20 nos
Pearl onion/big Onion -15 nos /1/2 portion
Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Chili Powder : 2 tsp
Ginger : a small size(optional)
Sat - to taste
- dice the onion into small pieces (you skip this step if it is pearl onion).
- Crush the onion & Ginger and mix it with turmeric powder chili powder and salt.
- Marinate the netholi with the paste. Keep it aside for 30minutes-1 hour..
- Heat oil in a pan. In the hot oil add the netholi and fry it for 4 to 5 minute per side until the fish is nicely browned. If u like to use the oven method for frying the fish just check the Fish Fry -Oven Method blog for details.
Points to ponder
- Do not add water while grinding the mix..
- Use peal onion; It gives more taste to the dish
- If you like Black Pepper, use it instead of Chili powder
- Ginger is good for digestion so better to include it