Kodagu aka Koorg is a very popular tourist place in southern India.Today i am sharing some traditional koorg dishes.It is none other than chicken and rice but it is something different than our kerala style. As I always say that i love to experiment the new recipes, this time tried this dish. My LH really loved this curry..I think we always love to have variety of dishes...I got this recipe idea from chef Lakshmi ..Actually this koorg chicken curry is made with coconut..So you can imagine the taste..Coconut always give a very special flavor to the all dish..Here we are using the fresh coconut paste not coconut milk. Hope it will be quiet interesting for all of you who love to try new dishes..
Onion : 2 nos
Oil : 4 tbs
Tomato : 2 medium size
Garlic : 3 pods
Ginger : 1 medium size
Lemon juice : 1/2 tsp
Chili powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Garam masala : 11/2 tsp(optional)
Salt : to taste
Coconut : 1/2 cup
Cumin seed : 1/2 tsp
Cloves: 3 nos
Cinnamon : 1 small portion
Coriander Powder : 1 tbs
- Marinate the chicken with salt turmeric powder Chili powder and garam masala powder
- Slice the onion into small pieces
- Cut the tomato into 8 pieces
- Make a nice paste of garlic and ginger
- Make a nice paste of Masala ingredients
Step 1:Heat oil in a pan,Add the sliced onion pieces.just fry for 1 minute add the tomato pieces,ginger and garlic paste .Let it fry for about 5-10 minute.
Step 2:Add Chili powder and turmeric powder to the mix ,then the add the marinated chicken pieces and stir well.
Step 3:Add 1/2 cup of water and let the chicken to cook for 5-10 minute in medium heat.
Step 4:Once the chicken gets cooked add the coconut paste into it ,stir continuously.
Step 5:Let the mix to cook for about 5-10 minutes in medium heat.
Step 6:Garnish the curry with coriander leaves and add Lemon juice and cover the pan with a lid.
The delicious Koorg style Chicken curry is ready to have..Have it with papputtu..
- If you want to make more gravy add more water in the step 3
- Do not boil after adding the lemon juice.
- If you add the garam masala it will give more aroma to the dish
- If you like to make it spicy add more chili powder.