Mutton is all time favorite of any non veg food lovers..It is a very healthy food. Especially the mutton liver is a very nutritional one.I think the mutton liver dish may not be a favorite of everyone.From our experience i can say its a very tasty food..I started preparing this dish very recently. I hardly eaten this liver dish before as it is not prepared at our home. I love to have the chicken liver. I think here in USA chicken is not an occational dish because it is avaiblae in almost all shops as compared to fish. But in kerala chicken dish is prepared only on weekends or on some special occations. I used to remember while preparing the chicken curry mom always keep the chicken liver for me..because of me only, she used to add the liver in the chicken curry...I love to have that..but i never had this mutton liver.When we moved to USA we prefer to buy the chicken or goat from the halal market,when i saw the mutton liver thought of preparing the mutton liver roast for my husband because he is fond of that.Finally we bought that and with the help of Google prepared the liver roast.the roast came out really nice and my husband loved the dish ,that was the first time i was tasting the mutton liver roast,i really loved it..i thought it would not taste good..but that is not true. finally it became a common in our menu...Last time when i saw chef lakshmi's mutton liver roast recipe i tried that recipe too..It came out as a super success. the recipe is quiet simple so i thought i can share the same with all of you.Other thing is ,the best taste u will get if u prepare this dish and keep it for 8-12 hours before serving..If you plan to have it on sunday prepare it on saturday night...(apply this method to all non vegetarian dish ).Be careful in cooking the liver. Once it is overcooked the liver pieces will become rubbery. so be careful.The recipe isCost 3.50$/pound
Cooking time : 30-45 minutes
Mutton liver: 1 pound
Garlic : 6 pods
Curryleaves: 1 spring
Red Onion : 2 nos
Red Chili powder : 2 tbs
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tbs
Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder : 1 tbs
Oil : 5 tbs
- First clean the liver and cut into medium size pieces
- Mix the chilipowder turmeric powder pepper powder, Garam masala powder one tsp oil and salt with 3 tbs of water .Mix well and make a nice paste
- Marinate the liver pieces with the paste.Keep it aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Heat oil in a pan.Add curry leaves and crushed garlic.Once it get saute add the marinated Liver pieces...Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minute...
- Once the liver pieces are half cooked add the Onion slices..stir well.Cover the pan and let the mix to cook for 10-20 minute.Stir in between.Cook until the the liver get cooked.
- Garnish with curry leaves
- According to your taste change the quantity of chili powder..
- Better to use Coconut oil..
- Do not use white onion.